Employee Appreciation Day - Mark Bartell - SAGETECH MACHINERY

Latest

Friday 1 March 2019

Employee Appreciation Day - Mark Bartell

Today is National Employee Appreciation Day so we have decided show our appreciation for our Sales and Operations Mark Bartell. Mark has been with Sagetech Machinery from the beginning and is part of the furniture. He puts extra hours in and does a lot of jobs outside of his 'remit' without any complaints. We have asked Mark a few questions, to allow you all to get to know him a little better.

What do you do?


I’m the sales and operations manager for Sagetech Machinery. Within my role I’m responsible for a number of things from supporting existing custoers, dealing with new enquiries alongide logistics and transport arrangement. The job is perfect for me, as I have such a varied role which keeps me on my toes and means every day is different. 

What is the favorite part of your job?

For me there are many things that I can say are my favorite part – one of the most rewarding is being thanked by a customer when they have had their machine installed and I know the machine is going to enhance their business. There is nothing more satisfying when you receive positive feedback from a customer and know that what you do, will benefit them. I love recieving positive feedback and being able to relay it back to other team members who have such important roles in other areas of our supply chain.



What is the least favorite part of your job?


The weekend! 



What’s your biggest work accomplishment?


There are a couple of things that i could discuss here that I think that are difficult to separate for different reasons. One being researching , developing and launching our new Desktop Engraver and being the product champion for this has been great – even more so when our Desktop Engraver won an award at Trophex exhibition 2019! The second is being a part of a successful team who deliver on its targets each quarter – this is always a great achievement for us all.



If you could change anything about your job, what would it be?


I genuinely don’t think I would. Why change something you really enjoy? I always remember being told when i was younger that you get paid for work so you don’t need to enjoy it. I’m very fortunate that I have a job that I love and do not feel that I am going into work everyday. They say "choose a job you love and you will never have to work a day in your life", well I do not feel like I am working
and I want to keep it like that.


Thank you Mark for all your hard work. It does not go unnoticed.